Monday, April 8, 2013

5 for Five

Monday evening and all I can think is....thank God this Monday is basically over.
I have to admit that my heart is no longer in property management at all. I guess it comes at a good time seeing as I've been laid off. Yes, at the end of the month I will be jobless. Honestly, though this sounds crazy, I'm kind of relieved. You see I've been praying about a career change for a while and while this leaves me without a career exactly, I'll be just fine. I'm thinking about finishing my degree that I took a break from...over a year ago.
 
Days like today make me reeeaalllly glad that in three weeks I won't have to deal with managing a senior and disabled property any longer. The drama that goes on...you would not believe. I just keep saying Monday is over...Monday is over...Monday is over LOL
 
I did however, have a great weekend. Saturday we took our kiddos to a lake down from our house. Camel lake is off a two lane country road, down a dirt road, back in the woods. It has beach sand on the bank and lots of pic-nic tables. The water is crystal clear and seriously cold! Yikes! Not sure how my kids are so resilient, but they are. They dove right in there while I laid on my blanket in the sun and got a sunburn gradual tan. My Memaw & Papaw came over that evening to visit. Sunday my parents came to church with us and then we all went back out to the lake. Once again I baked relaxed in the sun (my mom & I) while the kids splashed and played in the cold water.

Tater covered in sand from rolling in the sand
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

FantasticallyAverage

 
 
I'm pretty sure my last goals were posted two weeks ago, but that's okay, I'm going to use them anyway.
 
 
Last Week's Goals
 
1.Get started on Power Up Brochures
Yay I got this done!
 
2.Take the kids to do something fun on their spring break
Yes! We spent two nights at their Nana & Papaw's house & went to the movies!
 
3.Try to go walking/jogging at least 2x this week
Hmm, sadly I only walked once. So partial credit.
 
4.Make knitted coasters
I made one, but it definitely needs some improvement
 
5.Drop clothes off at dry cleaners
No, I still have them in my car. Sad isn't it?
 
 
This Week's Goals
 
1. Get laundry caught up
 
2. Sand & paint rocking chairs on my front porch
 
3. DRINK WATER, for real I'm the world's worst about this
 
4. Buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 so my kids can watch 
 
5. Pick up the dresser that I'm going to remake from my Aunt's house   
 
What goals do you have set for yourself this week? Have a great rest of the Monday...I intend to with a hot shower, a root beer float and some T.V.


1 comment:

  1. Umm. #4 Buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 so your son and lister can watch it! hahah :)

    ReplyDelete