Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dressers, Paint, & Palm sanders

Hey ya'll!
Did ya'll have a good Easter? We had a busy Saturday before Easter I can tell you that. Easter Sunday wasn't bad, but the Saturday before was nuts even though it was enjoyable.
 
I am just dying to share this with you guys. I was given a dresser (technically it was already mine seeing as I'd had it when I was a little girl, just couldn't take it when I moved out), it's old, not quite sure how old but I know that it had been around since before I was born. I had the set when I was little and I now have the matching desk, but I digress.
 
I wanted this dresser for my room now because it would fit better than my massive one with the huge mirror. It needed repainting...desperately due to the fact that it had been in storage for over a year, but this I did not dread...no I was super stoked. My dad, love my daddy, he gave me a gallon of primer and a gallon of an off white paint that he had laying around. This dresser would be my first project like this. I spent all of Friday working on it and I had a blast. Not sure why, but I loved sanding it down, priming it then coating it with two coats of paint. I knew I wanted to distress it some once I finished with the paint, because I love that "worn" look, in a good way haha. So I'll hush now and show you guys my very first refinishing project!
 
 
 
 
I'm sorry the picture quality isn't great. This is the before. I do have to give props to my hubby. One of the back legs was broken off and it was complicated because the leg and the whole side was made as one piece. My dearest hubby made a leg for the broken one then matched the other side so that it looks as if it was made that way. Thanks babe!
 
 
 
This is the finished project! There are some inperfections, I am no where near a professional and as I've stated before this was my first project, but I'm super happy with the results!
 
 
Here you can see a little bit better then "gracefully worn" look I added. Some may not like this, but I T-Totally love it!
 
 
I plan on many more projects in the future that I will share with you guys.
Are there any projects that you have done, loved, and want to share? I would love to see them and hear from ya'll!
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Great job on the DYI! The dresser looks so pretty!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can check out my post at http://byram3.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/nom-nom-weigh-in-wednesday/ .

    ReplyDelete