Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Breakfast - Our Favorites

I'm glad to be sitting in my office chair right now, but I don't want to be at work.
Are you confused?
Well seeing as getting out of the door this morning was a lesson in self control (meaning I didn't blow a gasket at my kids), I am glad to be in my office chair. Because I didn't go to bed until 1am and I'm super tired right now, I don't want to be at work. So there you go, conflicting emotions that make perfect sense to me! haha Come on I know you've had one of those
 
kids aren't dressed-no time for makeup - barely brushed your hair - can't find kids shoes - Found kid's shoes outside- kid's shoes are wet- find kid's other shoes- dash out the door- cooling coffee in hand
 
Yeah, see? I knew you've experienced this madness as well.
 
So on mornings that aren't as crazy as this morning was, I have been experiementing with some breakfast recipes. I have found a few good ones that were a hit with my kids and I'll share them with you. If you are like me, you don't have a whole lot of time in the morning to prepare a huge breakfast. You want something semi-healty, easy, and that your kids will love.
A few of these made the cut in our home.
 
 
1. Berry Danish Minis
 
These are so easy to make and they are really really good. My kids (even Tater) loved them!
Get the recipe here
 
2.Peanutty Apple/banana Wraps
 
Now thse I did a little tweaking on. I mixed honey with the peanut butter and used bananas instead of apples. They are healthy, filling, and so yummy! I have even used these for lunch and my kids have even requested them. Score!
Found these on Pinterest
 
3. Homemade Pop-tarts
 
I've made these more than once and  used strawberry jam as the filling. I want to try fresh fruit of some kind next, but again a big hit with the kids and simple to make.
Recipe here
 
4. Filled French Toast Roll-Ups
 
Yummy, yummy stuff! Again I used strawberry preserves, because thats what I had on hand. I would really like to try it with cream cheese though, it would be really good.
Recipe here
 
I've tried a few other recipes, but those didn't go over so well. I may have liked them, but the kids didn't and I don't simply cook for myself. I am always on the look out for good/easy recipes so when I find some good ones I will most definitely share them. If you have kid winning recipes please share them with me! I would love to hear what works for your family!
 
Have a blessed Tuesday


 


 


2 comments:

  1. Umm YUMM can I come over for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look great! While I don't have kids...just pups I still have a hard time getting out the door in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete