Monday, September 16, 2013

A While Away

Hi Everyone. It's me, the girl who's been gone for forever. I haven't even entered the blogging world in months and I should probably be ashamed, but I'm not sure I am. Have I missed you guys? YES! Tremendously! However, these last 5 months have been strange.
 
Just to fill ya'll in on what's been happening in my neck of the woods...I lost my job back in May. So that means...yep you guessed it, I've been back to staying at home! woot woot right? Okay, yeah maybe at first. Isn't more time at home to "get things done" what all of us working mothers want? Maybe it's just the thought of it thats nice. Honestly I'm struggling.
 
The summer wasn't too bad. My hubby is the School Resource Officer at my kid's school. They build up so much comp time during the school year that they take off the whole summer. I think he worked a grand total of 2 days during the summer. It was nice getting to do things, going to stay at my moms and mom in laws, going camping with the kiddos. Well summer is over now, the kids are back in school, and the hubby is back at work. Where is mom? Yeah, I'm still at home.
 
You know I like having the freedom to go the school for my kids different activities and things like that, but this is the start of the school year and there hasn't been much of that going on yet. What I'm trying to figure out is, how to enjoy being at home? You would think that you could keep a perfect house and have plenty of time to do those things that you've been wanting to do when you are at home all day long. However, that is not the case. I literally drown in housework all week long. I clean everyday. I know we will always have to tidy things up, but here I am having chore lists a mile long; and I'm not talking about just putting away strowed items. It's getting to the point that I want to throw up my hands in frustration. It's not only the cleaning, it's the part where you are always here so of course you can do everything and take care of anything that the hubby or kids need you to do. It's not like you want to do anything fun right?
 
Maybe I'm not doing something right. Here is where you other stay-at-home-mom's/homemakers can help me out. How do you keep the house clean, clothes washed and put away, and the kids rooms tidy (not to mention the porches & carport that loves to stay stacked with mess) without cleaning every second and losing your mind?
 
Lately I've wanted to get into baking and experimenting with things. Fall is coming up and I'm just dying to get out all my halloween decorations out, but really I spent 2 hours folding and putting away clothes today and I still have about 5 loads to go before I'm done caught up. I would like to stop feeling taken for granted and feeling like a constant maid. I would like to simply feel like a good mom and wife who enjoys her home. How do you accomplish that?! I know that you working mother's are probably thinking I'm crazy, but seriously I felt I got more things done on some days when I was working. *sigh* I don't know. If any of you lady's have any advice I'm all ears. Do you have a schedule or plan that works for your family? Any pointers on how to make sure the kids have time to pitch in when they are involved in after school activities, ballet, & marching band?
 
Thank you for reading and seriously any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try and stay a little more consistent with my posts from here on out. 5 months is waayy too long to go without posting something! I hope you all are having a fantastic week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment