Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm not afeared...

I've finally gone and done it! I've began to blog. Welcome to my very first blog post! I've thought about it for a while now, even talked about it with my very best friend (my sister). She has been my inspiration and the gentle shove I needed to get started. What was my hold up? Well...fear was my hold up. I've noticed that fear has kept me from doing lots of things in my life. It does sound silly to be afraid of a simple blog, I admit, but it was more the fear of failure than anything. I've adopted a John Wayne quote and began to apply it to my life. I found this quote on a refrigerator magnet at Hobby Lobby one day. It is currently residing on my fridge so that I can see it everyday.

"Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne

I've been so darn caught up on worrying about everything and being afraid to start something new or try something new that I've been holding back. Now it's not so easy to just stop worrying or being afraid of things, believe me (I'm still worried about how my new pick of hair color will turn out and am thinking of chickening out), but the main thing is to try to change. A small baby step every day, a small accomplishment, congrats you are on your way! So today I pat myself on the back for beginning blogging and deciding to shed my long locks for a shorter 'do (fingers crossed on the outcome).

Now, I know that you probably look at my blog name and scratch your head but it's pretty simple. My life is filled with crazy and random things from cupcakes to horseshoes and everything in between. From one extreme to the other and I've learned to smile and enjoy some of the craziness. I'll now share pieces of my life, faith, likes, and dislikes with you because I know I'm not the only one who is as random as cupcakes and horseshoes.








No comments:

Post a Comment