Monday, March 11, 2013

5 For Five

Hello again blogging world. It's the prodigal blogger, returning once again. Though it may take me a while to get back into the smooth groove of things, I vow to persist until I once again run my blog like a well-oiled machine!
 
I do apologize to my followers for being so absent as of late. I enjoy blogging, but when I've been at work time hasn't been on my side. When I've been home I haven't even bothered opening my laptop. I've been playing catch-up on many many things as well as tending to my family. I am working on being more consistent with certain things in my life and I've added my blog to that list.
 
The last few weeks I've realized something. I've let the madness of life sweep me away until I've let so many things go that I should've paid more attention to. Like my finances, for instance, or my family's health & nutrition.
 
I started a weekly menu that includes what we are  having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so that I can easily prepare healthy lunches for my kids to take to school. I've had to discipline myself to get up in the morning and get busy instead of finding myself in a chair, in front of the news, with a cup of coffee in my hand. That part hasn't been too easy, because I do like relaxing mornings. However, if things are going to run smoothly I have to make sacrifices.
 
I also am fixing to try out a family budget for our finances. We need to try to cut down on spending so that we can possibly save a little bit, or at least not be broke from one paycheck to the next. If anyone has advice on budgeting, or what has worked for your family please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
Today is a bit worrisome seeing as my daughter, Lauren, has been sick since Thursday. I am waiting right now for the doctor's office to open so that I can call them, but pray if you will for my little girl. As a mom the one thing you hate to see is one of your babies not feeling well. Especially when they are extrememly lethargic, sleeping most of the days & nights, and not eating when all of that is completely abnormal for them.
 
I wanted to start this week off by setting a few goals for myself so I decided to link up once again with Jen from Party of One
 

PartyOfOne
 
 
1. Creat menu for the coming week & get grocery list together
 
2. Clean off the backporch so it doesn't look like a reject yard-sale back there (way too much extra furniture out there lol)
 
3. Work on creating a budget for my family
 
4. Try to get brochurs for the Power Up Rally created
 
5. Finishing substitute teaching training online
 
 
I hope your week is amazing, and that you accomplish everything you set your mind to. Have a blessed week and an amazing Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Lauren, I hope she feels better & you because budgeting sucks. With gas/groceries/bills on the rise and paychecks at a stand still (or decline) it can start to get depressing!

    ReplyDelete