Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bare-faced and droopy-eyed

Right now I am sitting in my office at 9:22am, drinking a Mega Monster Energy drink. Why you ask? oh because I'm not very sensible. I go to bed way to late only to get up way to early the next morning. Yes, I am bare-faced this morning, meaning I have not even a tiny stitch of makeup on this morning. In case you are wondering, 4hours of sleep + no makeup =
 
Pretty scary right? LOL just kidding, I just look exhausted (bags under the eyes) but hey, at least I straightened my hair and put on earrings. I have always been a bit of a night owl but I'm beginning to realize that I can't stay up as late as I used to and be as spry in the morning as I used to be. Total life ruiner this getting old thing haha.
The reason I was up so late was because, I have been dying to get my autumn things put away so that I can jump head first into Christmas. Autumn is usually my favorite season to decorate for and I still loved it but my favorite months of the year (October & November) was a bit tough emotionally, financially, and every other "ly". I'm ready to put it all behind me and move on. My finances may not be much better at the moment, but thats okay. I want a fresh start for December and for me fresh means new...and nothing makes me happier than decorating.
 
My goal was to get everything done last night:
Christmas trees bought
Christmas trees decorated
Lights up on the outside of the house
Paint the frames that I salvaged from my chest to use for decorations
Paint the basket for my table centerpiece
Let paint dry and put up all the items afore mentioned
Sit and enjoy a cup of cocoa and admire all my hard work
 
How much of that did I get done? Well...the frames and basket are painted...mostly. Supper took longer than normal, though my hubby did a fantastic job on his super yummy deer stew. While that was cooking I spray painted the wooden letters & frames I was using and let them dry betwen the several coats I had to use. After dinner I assigned the kids to clean up duty while I pulled the boxes of Christmas things out of my laundry room. Kids took longer than necessary and I got distracted. My laundry room is on my back porch and is unfinished, meaning the studs are still showing and its been that way since...well since my husband's grandfather owned the place. A remodel is in the process but due to Octobers & Novembers issues, it hasn't been finished.
Anywho, I wound up spending over an hour on my laundry room and finished after 9pm. I then start to rearrange my wall hangings so I can incorporate some of my new ideas for holiday decor.
 
Hello, my name is Rachel, super picky, indecisive, & OCD at your service.
 
I places something here, stare at it from three angles, ask my hubby, then move it to another place and repeat process until.....45 mins later....VOILA! Perfect...not onto next piece of decor.
I absolutely hate stopping in the middle of a project but last night I literally had to force myself into the shower at midnight. I left my living room (or a corner of it) looking like this
The unpacked boxes of holiday decor are sitting right where my Christmas tree is supposed to be lol. We are supposed to be getting that tonight, keeping my fingers crossed that the rain holds off since we a real tree every year. I am hoping to have everything finished so that I can show you guys pictures of my freshly holiday-ized home!
 
Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ha-ha! You crack me up! You are so OCD and picky, it isn't even funny! But I'm excited you are getting all your Christmas Decor up. I'll get mine up eventually. It look like I"ll be spending some evenings working on this stupid research paper so I can have it finished by next Friday... can I interview you this weekend, BTW? lol. I still have to have two interviews! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can interview me! I'll be glad when you get the paper behind you haha. I always hated having a paper hanging over my head it's like...grrr

      Delete