Thursday, November 1, 2012

Its OK....to Trick or Treat!

November 1st, the morning after All Hallow's Eve (lol I just love calling it that), and I have to say that I'm exhausted. We were out way late for a school/work night, but we had an amazing time! I want to start off by saying thanks to my Mom. She came over on Tuesday, stayed the night with me and helped me finish making the costumes, fold clothes, and bake cookies for Luke's Halloween party at school the next day. For those of you who don't know my mother is my best friend. You've heard that saying "you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends"? Well I didn't pick my family, but I love them so much that I chose them to be my best friends. My mom & my sister, Rebekah are the best friends anyone can have.


So, costumes finished, cookies baked, and candy buckets ready, the kids, the hubby, and I set out last night to go trick or treating!


The kids absolutely had a blast, us adults did as well ;) Luke was the Wizard of Oz scarecrow. Lauren was the Cowardly Lion. Layla was a ladybug.
Luke wanted to carry my detachable broom stick so he could look like a "real" scarecrow, thankfully he didn't try to do that and carry the candy bucket at the same time.
Isn't that the cutest little ladybug you've ever seen? Gosh I seriously have adorable kids! I mean I could be biased, but seriously...I don't think I am all that much lol.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This picture turned out blurry but it was the only one I was able to get with my hubby last night so I kept it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I actually have a better picture of my makeup, but it got left on my hubby's phone lol. So I don't really know what I was, I just wanted to do something festive so I done a mask (you can't really see all the colors in this pic) and let my girls decide what I was. Lauren said I was a wood fairy, Layla said I was a butterfly so I was a butterfly wood fairy haha. Hey Ree, I got to wear my feather earrings you got me!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
From Left to Right
Luke, Kortney (my niece), Lauren, Alicia.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In case your wondering a big group of us pile up on a trailer filled with hay and cruise the neighborhood. We have such a blast getting togeter with family and friends.
 
 
Now onto what I love about Thursdays....
 
 
Its Ok Thursdays
 
 
Its Ok
 
To want to celebrate Halloween for more than one night
 
That I have a sore on the inside of my lip right that is driving me nuts
 
To want a nap even though its only 10am
 
That I am feeling totally unprepared for the next two weeks though I've planned things out for the most part.
 
That I haven't been getting nearly enough sleep lately thanks to late nights and early mornings.
 
To want to be a kid again so I can get more sleep and have less things to do during the day
 
To get as excited about dressing up and doing costume makeup as your kids do
 
To get annoyed at people, like really annoyed.
 
To sit at your office desk and not want to do a dang thing.
 
To wish you could put a "Blogging, please do not disturb" sign on the door so that I could finish a post in less than the two hours it has taken me to do this one. Thanks to all my tenants for picking this time to come & talk can't you see I'm doing something really important here? LOL
 
 
How was your Halloween? Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. hahahah You crack me up! I totally agree with celebrating Halloween for more than one night. I think they should make it a national holiday as well so we can have it off! haha! Also.. omg the kids were freaking adorable! I hate that i missed it! Seriously Rachel, homemade costumes are sooo much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting off for Halloween would be fantastic! LOL and thanks, I enjoy coming up with ideas and putting the costumes together as opposed to just buying them. I hope the kids enjoy it too, at least they are all very unique and no one will look just like them.

      Delete
  2. I AM LOOOOOOVING the Kiddos costumes!!! They are so cute & you did amazing with the makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I did very much work yesterday either! Too much excitement from Halloween!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete