Thursday, November 29, 2012

Its Ok Thursday & Christmas Decorating

Its Ok Thursdays
linking up with Neely
 
It's funny how one minute you can be just fine and the next it seems like your emotions do a 180 degree spin on you. That has been me over the last two hours or so, but its Thursday, and that means its my favorite link-up time. So here it is.
 
Its Ok
...that my hubby is getting a raise at the beginning of the year, but I'm getting a pay cut for the same amount so we'll be in the same boat as always
 
...that I am struggling with bitterness over some things in my life. I thought I had let it go but then something comes up and I'm like yep...and this is why its such a mess
 
...that I am so used to sleeping by myself now that I have taken over the middle of my king size bed and I don't even wake up when Layla (my 5 yo) sneaks in there at night
 
...that I keep forgetting things that may be small to some, but to me and my kids are important. i.e Lauren's flowers for her Nutcrackers performance this Sunday. I forgot to order them on the deadline
 
...that little things like that make me feel like a crappy mom. Why can't I just seem to get it all together?
 
...to want to cry and not really even know the cause
 
...to want something to work out for once, that would be a nice change
 
...to wish I was in my pajamas with a steaming cup of hot chocolate while sitting on my couch right now because I feel like that would make me feel better. Probably not but I would be more comfortable right now
 
...that I have 6 dogs and not really like any of them because they aren't Oakley
 
...that I miss that dog a lot
 
...that I want another miniature long haired daschund but can't afford one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now as you know I told you guys Monday that I was putting up decorations and had to finish before I posted pictures...well three days later and I finally have it finished! (we still have a few kinks with outdoor lights we have to fix but the inside is completely done) The pictures aren't great, because I can't afford a nice camera. Also I took them last night instead of during the day because...well I'm never home during the daylight hours thanks to the freaking time change.
 
Living room wall

 
Seen this idea on pinterest and tweaked it a bit to fit my home & budget (you can find it on my pinterest board here)
Above my T.V I just spray painted picture frames that I already had at the house. The middle one is a frame that held a precious moments photo that I've had since I was a little girl. I love repurposing things

 
I used burlap as a garland and brown & gold colored ornaments along with a few specials the kids and I have made/collected throughout the years

 

Table Centerpiece: an old basket that was given to me (used to be an ugly green), mason jars half filled with epson salt & white candles, and greenery trimmed from the tree

 



Countertop: tried my hand @ coffee filter tree and liked the end result
 



Cheese! (didn't turn out well but I love pics of me and the kiddos)



Silly faces!!!



Rebel guarding "his" basket

 
For those of you who have already decorated, good for you! For those of you who haven't gotten around to it, good luck!


6 comments:

  1. You know, you are seriously demented! That is cute and I only can dream of decorating my house like as good as you do yours! I love it all and you are so creative! I can't wait to decorate this weekend! I love you so much sis... I'm here if you ever need to talk, which of course you know. And since I called you this morning melting down I owe you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do even better so hersh! You don't owe me one I'm glad I can help someone or try to help someone lol. I love you too boo!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the link up! Love your Christmas decorations... especially the "joy" picture frames! I may have to steal the idea for my house!
    And don't worry. I'm a 'dweller' when it comes to bitterness in my life too. I think it's one of the many curses we females face.

    Adorable blog, glad I stopped by!
    lifeinthesetimesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has a hard time letting go of things

    ReplyDelete