Monday, November 26, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Thats what I'm telling myself anyways, better late than never. It has been a whole week since I last posted and I hate it, but I have been so stinkin busy that I haven't found the time to get online! Thankfully I'm at work today, forced to sit in front of a computer for hours so I get to make up for lost time!

Thanksgiving was great! We came over to my moms (which is about an hour from where I live) on Wednesday and stayed that night and Thursday  night. Thanksgiving dinner was held at my Memaw & Papaw's house. I couldn't tell you the last time we had Thanksgiving dinner there, but I'm really glad we did this  year. You see my grandparents lived just next door to us growing up and they owned all the land around my parent's place and so us kids had acres and acres to play on growing up. Now that they are older my grandparents did a reverse mortgage on their home so when they are gone so is the place where we grew up. Both my sister and I have been gravitating back to my Memaw & Papaw's house as much as we possibly can simply because of that. There are so many memories there and we want to make as many more as we can.

Getting to spend the entire day with my family was so much fun, sure we were missing a few members (my brother, nephews, & niece included), but it was still enjoyable and to me relaxing. Thursday night I got talked into going to Target for the big sale to pick up my sister's Christmas present for my BIL. Wade...I love you...Ree you better know I love you girl. That mess was crazy! For those of you who do the Black Friday and now Crazy Thursday night sales kudos to you because....holy cow! I usually don't go shopping at all the weekend after Thanksgiving, but my mother and I went out. First stop...Walmart, because my son wanted the air hockey table that was going on sale that night and since I was out I figured I'd get it (shhh don't tell him). Thankfully it was in the garden center so as soon we got it into the buggy, and fought our way inside, paid for it, and fought our way out we had only spent about 20 minutes! Next stop was Target...apparently EVERYONE goes to Target. God the line was massive! I got the present...and me and my mother got out without injuries LOL. So all in all I had a great holiday weekend and I'm planning my holiday decorations now and will hopefully be getting them up tonight...and believe me I'm ready!

Here are some pictures from the holiday weekend...


The begginning of the line at Target
From where I was standing

My sister Ree and my adorable son Luke


L to R: Me (crazy hair lol), my Memaw (Joan), my Mom (Joy), & my sis, Ree
My extremely good looking hubby with the turkey

Me & Luke
Me & Lauren
The Oreo Cake I made
The spread
So how about you? How did your Thanksgiving celebration go?

1 comment:

  1. haha I totally forgot I took a pic with Luke! That is so sad! And yes, you must love me because that line was super crazy! I have a feeling I may know what it is and I'm trying to talk Wade into giving it to me early because I may be able to use it for Christmas! He-he! And can I just say that your cake was amazing! I just wish I would have been less full to enjoy it a little more! :)

    ReplyDelete