Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kids, a scarf, & Pinterest

 
Happy (wow I so just typed Tuesday before I realized that it is...) Wednesday everyone!
I feel better today than I did yesterday. Thank God, because yesterday I was about to lock my office door and curl up on the floor and sleep. I was so exhausted! I went to bed half an hour earlier last night and I feel better lol. Yes half an hour isn't much but it seems like a lot when comparing between 12:30am and 1:00am
See what I mean?
 
For all of you people who think that your life is boring, and you are looking for something to fill that time and space? Have kids and BAM insta-drama!
My oldest daughter, Lauren (9 yo) is such a drama queeen. I can only imagine how it is going to be in five years when we are smack in the middle of the teenage nightmare and puberty.
She is a very impressionable little girl and we all know how it is to want to fit in, but she literally had a melt down this morning because I was making her wear a skirt over a pair of tights to school. She's only 9 and she already has curves and I am trying to teach my girls modesty. What most people today don't understand is that you can look attractive without looking like a slut. You have to teach this at an early age because, my god kids are walking around at 7 wearing less clothing and more makeup than I do! Anyways, she was afraid she would be made fun of and I am trying to teach her not to be so dependent on what people think. I want her to not be afraid to be different, to be comfortable with herself and not have to wear exactly what everyone else is wearing.
This is a hard lesson to teach in this day and time. So if any of you moms reading this have any advice please let me know.
 
Now I want to share with ya'll something that I'm pretty proud of. Lauren specifically asked for a whole outfit for Christmas and a matching cute scarf. Well I just happened to start learning how to loom knit and I love it! So the last two days I've been working on a scarf for her and...well it may be simple to you accomplished knitters &crochet-ers (lol), but I'm pretty dang proud of my very first project!
 
 
 
 
Now that I'm through being random lol we shall move onto 





























Hope you all have a great day! If you want to join in the OHP fun just visit Michelle @

3 comments:

  1. LOL I love the sleep thing! How funny is that... and so TRUE! And "Meanwhile in Hollister"! I mean for real, you need flashlights, nightlights, any kind of lights haha! You would think they were trying to save energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little ruffley swimsuits! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I love the Hollister one! that is so funny & SO TRUE! :)

    ReplyDelete