Tuesday, December 4, 2012

25 days of Christmas/Pony tail Tuesday

Good morning everyone! As you can see from my post title, I am hereby dubbing this day as...
 
Pony Tail Tuesday!
 
I can't seem to get on track. Yesterday my hair was straightened and fixed, but my makeup was barely there. Today my makeup is all in place and I did nothing with my hair haha. I really just need to get it together here. What I want is to have a super cute pony tail, but my hair is so thick and heavy that its hard for me to do. As it is I'll wind up getting a headache from having it up today. If any of you ladies are like me, have super thick hair, and have cut it but still get headaches, please give me some pointers on how to rock the pony and yet be pain free!
 
 
Now, completely off topic. I started this December with something new that I hope we can continue to do every year. I started a 25 days of Christmas advent calendar this year. I found super cute printable tags from Delightful Order and added my "things to do" by printing them on labels and sticking them on. I'll post a pic of where I hung them this year at a later time (I forgot to take a pic of it, I'm a horrible blogger haha). So far my kids have really loved it though we have done simple things. I had to plan our "things to do" around our busy lives, so some nights are simple and some nights go all out.
 
Here is what we have done so far.
 
Day 1: Read a Christmas Story to kick off December
 
Day 2: Each person write out 2 Christmas wishes & put them in a jar to be read on Christmas morning(These I will keep and re-read them next year to see how their wishes change)
 
Day3: Make a red & green themed dinner.
(We cooked green eggs & ham, red grits, biscuits, & drank cranberry ginger ale)  
 
 
I know it looks crazy, but it was super good and the girls had a lot of fun helping to make it. I'll post our other activities and hopefully pictures of the kids doing them!
 
What activities are ya'll doing with your family this December?


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Rach! I can't wait to have kids to do things like this with...until then I'll guess I'll just torture Wade and make him do this with me! haha!

    ReplyDelete