Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Review & 5 for Five

Hey Ya'll! I'm linking up first thing with Jenn for this week's edition of...
 

PartyOfOne

Last week's Goals:

1. Clean my entire room & organize the junk under my bed
Negative. This I was supposed to get done in my free time. Ha! Free time? What's free time? I was super busy every night!

2.Make Layla's scarf for Christmas
Didn't get this done either. I am working on another project that I have to finish first and this past week didn't allow much time to finish it so I'm giving this a red. Poo.

3.Go to bed before midnight every night this week
 I actually did this! Mind you it was only half an hour or so before midnight each night but still a success!

4.Take off bags of donation items and get them out of my way
Total fail. I didn't even have time to think about loading them up and taking them off. Maybe next time lol

5.Start packing lunches to bring to work.
Yes half and half because I did bring my lunch once last week (someone bought me lunch 2 times last week). I did bring my lunch today so does that count?  lol

New Week Goals!

1.Finish current knitting project
I really need to finish up so I can get the other 2 completed before Christmas

2.clean bathroom & bedroom
Maybe I can actually get to the bedroom part this week and the bathroom is a must! Dirty bathrooms...ick!

3.Watch some of the Christmas movies that I've been stockpiling on my DVR
I totally need to watch & delete some because everytime I turn around I'm recording more and more! So yes, make time for those movies, perhaps with hot chocolate and a yummy snack lol

4.Re-polish toe nails
Don't laugh. This is serious. I am horrible about not finding time to take off old nail polish and apply new and I hate chippy nails (though I'm having that problem right now).

5.Find something cute to wear to my hubbys work Christmas party
I don't get to shope much and when I do it's not for me, so therefore my wardrobe consists of items that I've had for years. Sad isn't it? I want to look super cute for the S.D Christmas party so I need to find something new!
 
 Moving right along into my weekend Review
 
I thought weekends couldn't be busier than my previous weekends.
I was so wrong.
It wasn't bad though, I had a good time and I took pictures so I could share with you guys! I have been waiting for two days to be able to share my weekend fun (the internet at my house is really slow so uploading pictures has to wait until I get to work). Our 25 Days of Christmas are combined with the weekend activities.
 
December 7th:
Friday night included a trip up to Georgia to my cousin's house to have the Steele family Christmas get-together. Mom, dad, my sis, my BIL, my three munchkins and I piled in mom's van and drove the hour and a half up there. I so wish we would've gotten picutres or at least videod the 12 Days of Christmas that the whole family did, or the story that my dad read that had him laughing so hard he was nearly crying. Alas, we were all too caught up in conversation with people we don't get to see very much to do the snap & flash.
 
December 8th:
Saturday morning began by taking my son up to meet his music teacher, Mrs. Gayle, at a super gorgeous house in the ritzy part of town where they would perform background music for the Tour of Homes. The Tour of Homes is done every year as a fundraiser for the Symphony and Mrs. Gayle wanted Luke and his friend Ella to sing while she and her sister played for them.
 
Aren't they adorable?
 
Right after leaving the Tour of Homes we ran to CiCi's Pizza for my nephew's b-day party. Once we left there we rushed home to wash the car because the 6th grade band (which my son is a member of. He plays saxophone) was riding in the Christmas parade that night in our home town. My husband and I were able to procure a trailer for them and decorate it (hugs and kisses to Darrell getting the trailer ready) then pull them in the parade. My kids were stoked because the whole family was getting to ride in the parade and throw candy. 
My little Lauren Elf
 
My little Layla Elf

 
Most of W.R. Tolar's 6th grade band! (luke is in the back holding up his sax)

 
The pretty lights, bows, & garland on the trailer
They won 3rd place for best parade entry!
 
 The kids had a blasty blast and you know what...us adults had a blast as well!
December 9th:
Was our night to make homemade red & green playdough. My 3 love getting together in the kitchen to create something new and last night was no different. 
 
Luke had to make him some blue dough since the girls had red & green
Lauren & Layla kneading their dough
The finished product!
Busy using their imaginations
My snowman creation!
 We had a great weekend and I hope you guys did too!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Gah, you look like you had a blast over the weekend! And I'm so proud of Luke. He is constantly blowing my mind with his talent and personality. The kid is fearless I swear! Oh to have such courage! I wish I could join you guys on your activities! It looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having chipped nail polish too! It's one of my biggest (and weirdest) pet peeves. I have so many knitting projects laying around the house that I need to finish....so I can relate on that goal as well!

    Great blog, I love it!

    Good luck on your goals and have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Hopefully this week is a big success for you - good luck with the homemade Christmas gifts! I have some homemade gifts of my own that I also need to finish up... like, NOW.

    ReplyDelete