Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Catching Up

Hey ya'll! I have to apologize for not posting in almost a week. I've hated it but I've been running so much that I haven't had a spare moment to even get online. I am in the middle of getting ready for the Christmas party that I have to throw for my tenants so this post is going to be short. Don't you just wish that you had all the time in the world to accomplish the things you need to accomplish?
 
I wanted to do a quick update of our 25 Days of Christmas for you guys. So here goes...
 
December 13th
We were supposed to write nice notes/letters to each family member and put them in their stockings to be read on Christmas morning, but we were at church that night and didn't get home until after 10pm so we had to postpone this one (still trying to work on making it up)
 
December 14th
We piled up in mom's van and all of us (mom, dad, my sis, my brother in , law, the kiddos& I) went to Thomasville, GA for the Victorian Christmas that they put on. It was super duper crowded, but really nice. There were people walking around dressed up in Victorian 'garb', activities and yummy food. IT was nice to get to spend some time with the family and thankfully it was actually cool outside that night. You just never know here in FL.
 
 
Nana, Papaw, and the three goofy kiddos
 
December 15th
We spent the day in Tallahassee. My mom, my sister, and I got to spend the whole day on the town shopping. I bought me an amazing dress for the my hubby's Christmas party and got an amazingly good deal on it (you can't be $20 for a cute dress). Our activitiy was to have a Christmas movie marathon, however, there was a bon fire party to be held at my sis's house with some amazing friends and since I never get to hang out with said amazing friends I spent the evening with them. THe kids spent some quality time with Nana and Papaw and watched Disney's' The Christmas Carol together.
 
December 16th
We made homemade fudge. By 'we' I mean 'me' seeing as the kids got into serious trouble that day and was sent to bed early. I wound up not adding as much chocolate that was called for in the fudge recipe and the whole batch turned out bad. I had to throw the entire thing away. ugghhh. Oh well.
 
17th December
Monday we were making treats to take to the neighbors. We made peanut butter balls and coated them in chocolate, but they didn't get done until late so we had to postpone delivering them until Tuesday.
 
December 18th
I tried again with the fudge and it turned out great! So we packed the cute little christmas containers with our goodies and delivered it to the neighbors together. Our activitiy for that night was to make ornaments, but once again...you guessed it, we had to postpone it. My husband's Christmas party was on Tuesday night and so as soon as we delivered the goodies to our neighbors I had to shower and dress for that. We will definitely get around to the oranaments, but when you have a million obligations to fulfill sometimes you have to prioritize and push things back. I hate doing that but I've learned that it's ok to rearrange your schedule.
 
THings will eventually get back to normal I'm sure, I'm just not holding my breath. However, I will be back on regularly real soon! Ya'll have a great day!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment