Thursday, December 13, 2012

Popcorn & Hot Chocolate...Its all Ok

Howdy my fellow Wednesday survivors! We made it through another hump day!
Thank the Good Lord! Now if I can just get through today I will be doing something super awesome!
Tomorrow is Friday, Friday night I get to go do something fun with my kids, parents, sis & BIL. Saturday I may actually get to go out with my mom and sis for the first time in forever!
I wanted to share with you guys what our 25 Days of Christmas activities have been for the last two days. So here goes...
 
December 11th:
We made Christmas gifts for all the kids teachers. Combined there are 9 teachers to supply gifts for. Now this isn't something that I have to do, but something I enjoy doing. My kids have amazing teachers, and I usually always get good reports from the teachers about my kids and from my kids about their teachers. I wish I could do more for them to show them how much the hubby and I appreciate all they do, but I run on a limited income. My gift this year was something simple, but heartfelt. We took mason jars, put a package of hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows, and taped a candy cane on the side so they could make peppermint hot chocolate. I took festive napkins and put over the seal then tied jute string around it just to give a extra flare. I added tags that say "Wishing You A Warm Christmas". (I haven't taken any pictures of them, sorry, but I will soon). It's not much, but maybe they'll enjoy it nevertheless.
 
December 12th:
Was marshmallow popcorn and game night. We all like playing board games, we just don't get to do it much. I figured it was a good way for the family to spend some good quality time (without a television going) together. I made popcorn then melted butter and brown sugar together. Once that was melted I added marshmallows then melted them until they were gooey and poured it all over the popcorn. It was super good and we snacked on that while we played Clue. Layla actually played as well, and she was hilarious whispering things to me so I could tell her what to choose to start a "rumor". I really should video her, because she is a natural clown. In the end Lauren ALMOST won, she had forgotten that she actually already had the Guest House before she made the accusation. So she got 2 out of 3 right haha.
 
Stay tuned to find out what we do on December 13th!
 
Now I'm linking up (like I do every Thursday) with Neely 

Its Ok Thursdays
 
Its Ok
 
...That I have ate cookies every day this week. Those sugar cookies we made are phenomenal!
 
...That I swear I won't eat anymore cookies right after I scarfed like three of them down (and I always wind up eating more later)
 
...To loathe my wardrobe right now. I have nothing cute and nothing that is under 3 years old. That is so sad. Wardrobe overhaul is coming when the income tax comes...for the reelz
 
...That I'm so dreading doing inspections. I have to do them as soon as I finish this post and bleh...I don't want to.
 
...That all my shows are now on their "mid-season breaks" and I have nothing to watch (no it's really not ok...I miss Dean & Sam!)
 
...To never want to hear "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" EVER AGAIN. Ugghh
#worstchristmassongever
 
...To feel as if Barnes & Nobles is a second home, even though you hardly get to go there (I could sleep in that store I swear!)
 
...To still laugh at The Grinch Who Stole Christmas even though I've seen it a hundred times.
It just never gets old. #Whoville
 
Have a great Thursday everyone!
To join in on the fun just click here & link up with Neely!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. the Gring NEVER gets old! I love it! And barnes and nobles...which is one place i am going this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grinch will NEVER get old. I love ELF and Christmas Vacation too.

    ReplyDelete