Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 6

December 6th
Was our homemade peppermint hot chocolate night. I was super excited about this seeing as I've never done any hot chocolate except the Swiss Miss kind. I've always loved the idea of making the rich, velvety, hot chocolate from scratch
(thanks to watching Chocolate with Johnny Depp years ago)
After chuch we came home and used an amazing recipe (found on Pinterest of course) to create our yummy drinks!
 
4 cups of milk
4 oz of milk chocolate chips
4 tbsp of sugar
A pinch of salt
 
Now the recipe called for a homemade whipped topping with peppermint extract but I forgot to pick up the whipping cream (I really have too many things on my mind these days) so we just left that part out, but I can post the ingredients and instructions for that later if you guys like...so just ask!
Turns out Lauren realized that she doesn't like peppermint mixed with chocolate. She likes candy canes/peppermints and she likes chocolate, but she wants to keep them seperate.
The other two munchkins loved it!
 
Excuse me & my pajamas lol The kids look adorable though

My disney world cup filled with chocolatey goodness!
Ya'll have a blessed day and a great weekend!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts on your 25 days of christmas! It makes me wish you guys lived like five mins away again, so I could join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete