Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crafty Sunday, Sickly Monday

So I haven't been on here since Friday, and I've felt bad about that but I've had an honestly good reason. Saturday I gone all day practicing for the drill team show that is coming up. Sunday was church, then it hit me....DUN DUN DUN....a darn cold!!!
 
Yep, a cold and its not even cooling off here yet! Isn't it crazy how you can get a cold in 80 degree weather?! I think its absolutely ridiculous! I mean I can understand getting a "cold" in "cold" tempratures...ugghh anyway...end rant.
 
Monday morning I was in no shape to do anything or go anywhere. Throat sore and cloged feeling, head stopped up, I laid on the couch most all day and watched tv while snuggling under the fleece leaf printed throw that is on my couch. Today is Tuesday (Toos'dey pronounced in Irish accent. For you mom), and I'm still feeling crappy but I am no longer on the couch. I am dressed and in my office at work, but I digress. Now that I have shared my health issues and concerns from the past few days I wanted to share with you guys the cutest crafts we made in Sunday school!
 
My mother in law, Julia (who I love as much as my own mother), also teaches Sunday school at our church. We switch out weeks so that its not totally on one person. She found the idea for an adorable owl craft using toilet paper rolls & cupcake liners. I tried to find the link to share with you guys but they do not have it up on their website that I could see. I can list instructions if anyone would like them. We also made paper plate pumpkins which are super easy and still adorable. The kids in my class range from ages 5 - 12 and every one of them loved making these two crafts.
 
 
 
Owls on the table top tree

I stuck the pumpkins in the little table top tree too

 

The finished product.


What are some of your favorite fall crafts? I'd love to find new things to do with my kids and my sunday school class.

1 comment: