Monday, October 22, 2012

Starchasers

Happy Monday everyone! Okay so Monday's usually aren't so excited, I get it. Mine are usually pretty ho hum. In fact this morning could be an awful morning because of the circumstances of my life right now, but I'm choosing to concentrate on something else, something positive.
 
 
I've commented before about the Mounted Dril Team that I ride in but I've never went into detail. Today I want to share with you guys what a blessing this team has been to me and my son, Luke. It all started on craigslist. Isn't that to place to find all kinds of great things?
Well it definitely did that for me. Tammy, my drill instructor, had a post on there about the drill team. I am usually intimidated about joining things, but I have always wanted to be apart of something like this so I shot her an email. Tammy gave me a phone call and I was on board.
 
It honestly seemed like God just worked everything out. I didn't have a horse trailer at the time, but I wound up finding a fixer upper for cheap and had it going by the weekend of my first practice. When I got there I was nervous, a bit quiet and unsure, but every member of the team was welcoming and super nice! I've been practicing with them for a few months now, and I've just gotten closer with everyone out there. They have become part of my family and I love them all dearly.
 
Some special shout outs: Tammy, the boss lady (LOL), is so fantastic. She has given me advice, helped me and Luke, she is patient and caring. I know I can call her with just about anything and she'll be there. Debbi, my newest sister! LOL She is as nutty as I am which is why we get along so fantastically. She has been such a great friend to me and I love her. I also love her super adorable daughter, Robyn. Robyn has also been such a great friend to Luke. The Alabama crew, Carol, Lydia, AnnaAbby & Naomi. Gosh there is so much I could say about these people. They are an amazing family, with wonderful personalities. Just beautiful people inside and out. I have never met sweeter kids, or a more caring and open hearted family. Ashley, I just love this girl. She has a great sense of humor, and even though she doesn't like pink, I think she's awesome. Teresa, is such a blessing. I haven't got to spend a lot of time with her but its just so easy to love her. Things just seemed to click with her, especially this past Saturday.
There are other members of the team that I have not mentioned, but I love you all. Such an amazing group of people!
 
 
Here are some pictures from the show we did at Goat Day October 20th.


Me & Luke
L to R - Me, Abby, & Debbi


Ignore my fluffy behind LOL, Paige looks gorgeous though
Luke & Robyn
 



Troopers Abreast

 



Robyn, Luke, & Abby

 

To my Drill team family I just want to tell you how much I love and appreciate every single one of you. God placed ya'll in my life and I thank him so much for it. Thanks for all you do.
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Rachel, this is so exciting! I am so inspired by you for going out and doing something that you love.

    ReplyDelete