Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reaching out for help - Girl of the Year

First I want to start this post by saying a great big whopping THANK YOU to all my followers! You guys totally made my week! Now I'm going to dive into what this post is really about.

My sister, Rebekah, entered my daughter Lauren into a Girl of the Year contest put on by Paradise Galleries. The winner of this contest will recieve one of their amazing dolls. Well all of the sudden Lauren is top ten! My sister, my mom, and I were so excited and we've been voting like crazy and posting on facebook constantly to try and get votes. She is currently in second place and I would love nothing more than for her to win this contest. So I'm asking for your help. To vote click here and like Lauren's picture. It's that simple! Two seconds right?! You could also share the page and get others to vote if you would like. For those of you who don't know my precious little girl I'm going to share a few things about her.


Lauren @ the age of 3
Lauren is my middle child, she is 9 years old now and time has flown. Ever since she was little she has loved to help and I couldn't count the times I've heard her say "mom can I help cook? Mom can I help you with that?" Just last week, I had been really sick all week and my housecleaning got pretty behind meaning that things just get stacked wherever and the wherever is usually on my kitchen counter. Lauren knows how I am about the clutter there and without asking she cleaned off the whole counter by herself, though most of it was her older brother and little sister's doing. She is a very considerate child.

Lauren has the most tender heart of any other child I've known. She is so considerate of others feelings and worries over her and her siblings relationship all the time. She told me that she doesn't want to grow up and not like her brother and sister. You see, just like any normal siblings, Luke, Lauren, & Layla argue...alot. There are times that Lauren has just cried because of an argument and was worried that she was being a bad big & little sister.



Lauren is an animal lover. If I'd let her she'd collect every fluffy animal that came across our path...not do disinclude turtles, because she likes those too. She has a pet rabbit, Lola, and she takes very good care of her and loves her fluffy pet rabbit. She loves art, drawing, and coloring. She adores little kids. If there is a baby around Lauren wants to be the one holding it and taking care of it. She also loves music. She used to be really shy in front of people but over the last year she has started to come out of her shell. She now helps me sing at church, and she is singing in programs at school! I am so proud of her!

About a year ago Lauren and Layla started ballet. Layla decided that it wasn't for her, but Lauren has just thrived on dance. She loves her ballet class, is friendly with all her classmates, and goes to help out the younger class every chance she gets. She will be performing in the Nutcracker that her ballet school puts on every year and we are all super excited about it!

Basically I think the world of my little girl. I don't think she realizes just how special she is. Her older brother is a very talented little kid, and she seems to sometimes hide behind him and how out there Luke is. Lauren is just now starting to come into herself and I want her to realize just how loved and amazing she is. I tell her everyday, but I want to be able to win this for her so she can have something to remember for years to come. I'm asking that you please help me reward my Lauren for being such an amazing kid. Thank you all!


This is the picture on the website. So please click here, vote, and help me put a smile on my daughter's face!

1 comment:

  1. awe that is amazing. she looks like such a sweetie! total girl of the year!

    come say hello-
    www.stylemailbox.com

    ReplyDelete